Friday, March 2, 2012

Leaves' Eyes: Water inspired music

The second I decided that I wanted to hear a metal band that had great songs about the sea, Leaves' Eyes popped into my mind. After hearing "The Tale of the Sea Maid" over and over on my ipod, I went through their records and re-discovered them. Long sea journeys that keep lovers away,  mythical underwater creatures, the adventure of sailing away or just the impressive ocean, are recurrent themes on this great band's lyrics (they even have one album called Njord, after the norse god of the sea). Also, the title of their latest album "Meredead" is a word Liv came up with that means dead by/in the sea.
I love the gorgeous Liv Kristine, there's a certain melancholy to her voice that makes it so beautiful :)




No comments:

Post a Comment