Friday, June 22, 2012

"Barbarian" tribes: Gauls

So, I am currently reading the chapters of the book about the Celts and the Gauls. I really love to surround myself with everything that can make the experience of reading way more interesting and even more passionate. This includes of course, listening to the appropiate music. The obvious option in this case was -one of my all time favourite bands- Eluveitie. All of their albums are perfect for reading about the Gauls. Their lyrics are just awesome... seriously, listening to Eluveitie has taken my reading experience to another level. I can't recommend just one of their albums, because I love them all so much! However I shall leave some videos with fragments of their lyrics, in case you aren't really familiar with them.

Your Gaulish War
Album: Spirit



                                           Well, how does it feel, the blood on your hands?
                                                    I hope you had a ball in effacing lives!
                                           Well, how does it feel, the blood on your hands?
                                              I hope the gold you've won bestows your delight!


(Do)minion
Album: Everything Remains (As It Never Was)


In the name of Gallia
In the name of my tribe
In the name of my greed
I became the minion
In the name of the Gauls
In the name of the kneeled
In the name of the fold, the name of the sold
I became the lie

No comments:

Post a Comment